Thursday, November 8, 2012

I heard an interesting comment from Dave Ramsey last night.
Something like, "When you give a man money, he reveals
who he is by how he uses it."

Thirty-some years ago, our little family moved from Illinois to Washington.
We bought a small home in the north end of Tacoma. Part of the deal was
a note for $10,000 that we would pay to the previous owner at $100 per month.
Teacher salaries were not the greatest back then, so that was a bit of a burden for us.

One day I came home from work and my wife was in tears.
I thought something horrible had happened. I asked what was
wrong and she said, "Mr.X called and said he had just inherited
some money from his aunt, and he would like to forgive us the $10,000 debt."

Money is not evil.
Having a lot of it is not evil.
It's simply what you choose to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment